Thursday, January 07, 2010

Ready your pencil skirts!

Thursday, January 07, 2010
Why is it socially inappropriate to drink at work? I'm not saying that I do, but we've been watching season one of Mad Men and hoo, boy.

Maybe working with typewriters and intercoms and phones instead of email and blackberries drove people to drink. I had a typewriter when I was a kid, and I recall getting caught up in the ribbons more than once.

But the pace of life in Mad Men seems so much more doable. The meetings those advertising executives have are more laid back, and they all involve scotch. Or vodka, if it's the morning.

Maybe that's the problem with society these days. We're so wrapped up in our (non-irish) designer lattes and multitasking to increase productivity (HA!) that we've actually forgotten how to get work done.

I move that we stop using the internets between the hours of 9 - 5, rock more matte lipstick, and drink. Profusely. It seemed to work back then.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great resource!

PatZ said...

or just work for the government.

post-fab princess said...

Who doesn't want to indulge in a little afternoon libation? 'Office drunk' they say, 'Wino McWineLush'. When they think I'm out of earshot.

(:

Sterling Lynch said...

I had a few liquid lunches working on the Hill. It was lovely.

Smarthome Coupons said...

Nice article thanks for sharing...

Anonymous said...

bear grylls messer
Feel free to surf my web site :: bear grylls messer

Anonymous said...

spectacular blogging vogue
http://drupal.p118859.webspaceconfig.de/node/106212
http://www.neoglobe.info/node/28572
http://www.neoglobe.info/node/23796