Monday, April 05, 2010

BIRTHDAY WEEEEEK!

Monday, April 05, 2010
Not in the slightest.

I'm not big on my birthday, but I am big on whining about my rapidly fading youth. So I present to you, until I run out of inspiration, a 'week' or 'half-week' or 'we'll see how long this lasts' of special aging-related content.

Today:

While celebrating the fact that I work sweet, sweet bankers hours (four-day weekend!), I dropped in at HMV to purchase a dvd to watch while I work on a few of my hobbies. Like lazing. And eating leftover easter chocolates.

I had to leave the HMV because I could not stand the music they were playing. I came very, very close to asking the surly teenage sales associates to please turn off that racket pretending to be music.

Then I took an advil and went home, to my couch, where classic rock rules and new-fangled teeny-pop stays far, far away.

(unless it's teeny-pop from when I was a teenager. Then it's retro!)

1 comments:

Dana said...

I don't understand how you can not love your birthday. The day is all about you! You get all the attention all the time. People are always so nice about it too. Every year I do a countdown to my birthday. And then on the day of people will say nice things to me...mostly Happy Birthday(not everyone is an original). And sometimes I get food. Yummy food like cupcakes. And really good friends buy you stuff like lunch or books and if you are super savvy you can make this attention last for a good week. Love your birthday Megan!