Thursday, April 08, 2010

Birthdaypalooza wrap-up

Thursday, April 08, 2010
My birthday was a lovely day, with lovely cupcake surprises from good friends and a lovely lunch with my coworkers. Yesterday Gary treated me to a lovely dinner at East Side Mario's, as some of you must have gleaned from my witty poetry below. I love unlimited Italian Wedding Soup, and crispy funnel cake, and their fatty, faux-italian cuisine. I don't love servers who try to sell me on a glass of lo-brow cheapie wine all fancy-like - just bring me my cheap shiraz that already costs me about the same amount for a glass as a whole bottle across the street...but I digress.
 
But I love cheap wine, just to get that out there.
 
The birthday gift genie (aka: Gary) was good to me, with a fancy fancy coffee machine that will make feeding my cravings so much easier! He also thoughtfully gave me Mad Men Season 2 on Bluray, so I can keep up with the wacky antics of the good people (and not good people) at Sterling Cooper; the first two Sookie Stackhouse books with the True Blood covers and a beautiful little gold necklace. Spoiled!
 
And this morning I was up stupid early for a breakfast meeting, so we had to cut the evening short and head to sleepyland early. But all in all - a wonderful day.
 
 

2 comments:

megenergy said...

Wow. I was trying to see if my blog even comes up on searches. (It won't). Yours did though. You write like me. I haven't blogged much yet though. You are hilarious!! We should chit chat. We seem a lot alike. My name is Megan. I'm an actress. Nice to meet you chica!

Erin B said...

Ohhh...are you a sookie fan? My HUGE guilty pleasure. Season 3 of True Blood comes out on my birth-weekend. I'm so tempted to demand an outdoor screening of episode 1. But what would the neighbours think of vampires and sex displayed on the back wall of our house.