Friday, April 16, 2010

Oooh, Heaven is a Place on Earth

Friday, April 16, 2010
I had today off. Yay for mandatory monthly personal days!

It's a gorgeous day. After lunch with a new friend, a stop at a knitting shop, some mysterious Gary's THIRTIETH birthday gift scouting and a latte, I decided it was high time that I stopped in at a little place I'd driven past many times, but never ventured in.

OHMYGOD, Drive-Thru Pie and Smokies.

If that's wrong, I don't want anyone to tell me.

Log Barn 1912. Pie is delicious. Smoked sausage is Mennonite style. Go there. Do it now. You can even stay in your car and they will dish you up a piece 'o pie a la mode and a hot dog with homemade mustard. But it's worth it to go in and take a lookie-loo at all the old-timey goods.

As Gary is conveniently out for the evening (this is the first time I've ever had our apartment to myself for the evening, can you believe that?!), I am planning a delicious pie supper. No one is here to judge me for eating it right out of the pie tin.

Mwahahahaha, nutrition be damned. Bring me more strawb-rhubarb pie!

1 comments:

♥AbbeyMaybe said...

SO good, hey? I love the log barn.