Monday, April 19, 2010

some of my secret thoughts revealed

Monday, April 19, 2010
I've spent the better part of the last 45 minutes looking at local bakery websites. Why? Oh, just scouting a quote for Parisian Macarons. Legitimate work business.
 
But for some reason, all that sweet has made me sad. And ravenous, but hey, I've got pie at home and we'll be together again in roughly 25 minutes.
 
Why sad?
 
Because all of those frothy pink sugarplums and sugary confections remind me of Sweet Sixteen parties. I didn't have a Sweet Sixteen, but my 16th birthday fell during Drama Festival so I got to let my freak flag fly - a freak flag that was kept under wraps 51 weeks of the year, so this was a glorious occasion. For one week, I was popular -I got to wear a tiara, meet new friends, do the thing that 16 year old Megan loved the most (be an attention whore), and go to a dance, where I danced with the cutest drama geek I could find. I think I did not so bad.
 
But I was saddened, because all I can think of this afternoon is what I would go back in time to tell 16 year old Megan:
 
10 years from now, you will still be minorly obsessed with the Harry Potter franchise, and occasionally be very, very sad that there are no more Harry Potter Books. Also, don't be so embarrassed about reading them, because in about 2002 they become way mainstream. Also, in about 2008 you'll stumble upon another fantasy fiction series for young adults that is WAY, WAY more embarrassing and you should save your secret reading shame for that one. Whoo. It's a doozy.
 
Also, stop trying to get a boy to like you by standing near him and saying ridiculous things super loud. That never works. You know what does? INTERNET DATING.
 

1 comments:

♥AbbeyMaybe said...

Nectar makes delicious macarons.
So does M at the currie barracks farmers market... SO MANY FLAVORS OMFG. *swoon*

Apparently there's a cute new little bakery behind the BMO/Starbucks/cutelittlebistro, just off 17th ave (across the street from Melrose) and like 8th? or whatever that is? 7th?
It's apparently a bright little house turned bakery that has them.

There's another place at the farmers market that makes macarons too, but I don't like them as much.

:)
(I spend days looking for parisian macarons in this effing city too).