Tuesday, May 18, 2010

101 in 1001 - Summer shortlist

Tuesday, May 18, 2010
Well, it's Sprummer. That, my new friends who haven't experienced the wonder of a Sprummer blog before, is the strange season in Calgary that starts in May. We don't do spring here in Cowtown, apparently. Snow one week and straight into heat waves the next - but this is my 7th Calgary summer so I'm well adjusted to it.

Every Sprummer I make a list of the things I want to do in the few short months of warm, blamy bliss that we're blessed with. I'll make that list eventually, but this is about another list. I've decided that it's time to get cracking on some of my 101 in 1001 goals (see sidebar) and I've made a short list for the next few months.

I'm going to work on the following. You can sit back, relax with a mojito and enjoy.

1. Make homemade jam or jelly
2. Go to the gym at least twice weekly for 3 consecutive months
3. Lose 25 lbs - I'm not saying I'm going to lose 25 lbs this summer, but I'm going to get working on it.
4. Take my lunch to work 4 times a week for 6 months
5. Write 10,000 words of fiction
6. Plant flowers
7. Plant and grow an edible thing
8. Read The Tipping Point
9. See 3 movies at the Uptown or the Globe (1/3)
10. Blog every day for six months
11. Try an ethnic cuisine I've never tried before
12. Eat something I can't pronounce
13. Style my hair, put on makeup and wear an "outfit" every work day for 2 weeks
14. take a picture every day for three months
15. Invite friends over for a special occasion Brunch
16. Treat a stranger to coffee
17. Make homemade pizza totally from scratch
16. Treat a stranger to coffee
17. Make homemade pizza totally from scratch

4 comments:

Snowflake said...

I can't read the post...all black!!! what?????

Carmen said...

That is one short list!! You should be able to accomplish that in no time!

Alex said...

I have to eat a food i've never tried before for a class i'm in. I was going to count my traditional sushi making class- but if you wanna try something different with me that'd be cool... any ideas?

Dana said...

So I love brunch! Hint, hint, nudge, nudge.