Thursday, May 06, 2010

A special treat

Thursday, May 06, 2010
I know, I know. Yesterday was Wednesday, and I totally gapped out on the Haiku.
 
But yesterday was hard. I didn't want to do ANYTHING. I was late for work, and then I had a roller-coaster of a day. That's the rub with my career choice - 50% of what I do is proactive and planned, but by the nature of the gig, 50% is reactive and things can come up at any time, without notice. Then your whole nicely-planned day? DERAILED.
 
But I can't complain because I love my job and I'm pretty darn good at it, and living in a world where I could schedule everything might drive me bonkers. I like a little surprise in my day - gets the adrenaline going.
 
But anyway. It's really hard to get out of bed when it's May Bloody Fifth and it's snowing. Why can't we have rain? I could deal with rain. I could deal with pouring, grey, stormy rain. But no. Snow. Spring is never going to come. I might as well curl up in a ball and die.
 
(I'm a little dramatic, okay?)
 
So yesterday I was late, I had a vicious nightmare that threw off my whole morning, I forgot my wallet when I went to buy lunch, and by the time the day was done I had no ambition left. Gary tried to tempt me with a date - dinner out wherever I wanted!
 
I wanted to not leave the couch, so we ordered pizza instead.
 
And here we go again, more snow, more shitty weather, more non-stop Old Job Media Coverage (grumble of Elton-John related bitterness) and more slightly greasy ponytails.
 
But because I can't believe I forgot Haiku Wednesday, here's something special for you loyal readers who put up with my whining.
 
A Thursday Limerick
 
I wish and I wish it was hot
but no matter what I do, it's not
It snows and it's cold
winter gets really old
blizzards in May make me drink - a lot.
 
 
 

0 comments: