Friday, June 04, 2010

Bare All

Friday, June 04, 2010
I am pretty low maintenance when it comes to my appearance. By pretty low, I mean about as low as one can get before scraping the bottom of the pond.
 
I'm a fan of wearing my hair clipped up (thanks, Lady Buttons, for tipping me off about those Goody Ouchless clips, I've used mine pretty much every day for six months or more) or in a ponytail.  Occasionally I'll pin the top back and let it air-dry curly.
 
I wear a pinky red tinted lip balm and mascara almost every work day, sometimes I toss on some light coloured eye shadow, but often not.
 
I use Noxema and Oil of Olay moisturizer with SPF.
 
And if I paint my finger nails, which is pretty infrequently, I almost always reach for a bare pink or beigey nude colour. If I'm getting a pedicure, on the other hand, it's red or hot pink or coral, or some equally punchy hue.
 
But despite the fact that I have a really bare-bones cosmetic routine, I own a hell of a lot of makeup. I've got several brands of perfume. And about fifty thousand bottles of bare pink or beigey nude nail polish. Which is why, despite Sephora's summer launch of their newest Canadian exclusive nail colour, a barely there, nude colour, I'm resisting my lizard brain's urge to GO BUY IT NOW. Shut up, lizard brain. You already have nine million bottles of almost the exact same colour at home. It's highly unlikely that this new colour will fufill all of your wildest, nude-polished nail dreams. Buying it won't make you richer, thinner, smarter, or cuter.
 
Damn, I wish there was a Sephora with lunchtime walking distance...
 
 

1 comments:

Bizee said...

I know, right?

"My name is Trina and I'm a product whore."