Thursday, August 12, 2010

Thursdays Unplugged

Thursday, August 12, 2010
As I have told you and everyone else in my life sphere, when they ask me what I thought of last night's episode of The Bachelor, Gary and I don't have any kind of TV signal, service or package. No cable, no satellite, no PRV.
 
However, we are of the yaaaar, internet persuasion and like to watch our TV on DVD. We have the bad habit of watching shows that have been or are about the be cancelled. We like it that way - we know how many episodes we're signing up for. (though some, like Firefly and Veronica Mars, shouldn't have been cancelled in the first place!)
 
But this means that we often fall into the rut/habit/routine of watching an episode of the same TV show every night for weeks on end. I have watched 31 episodes of Highlander since we returned from vacation at the beginning of July. This is not healthy. I often find myself screaming things like "I AM DUNCAN MACLEOD!" and "THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!!!!" and hitting Gary with a pool noodle.
 
Oh, you think I'm joking?
 
Anyway, we've decided that maybe this isn't the best habit to get into. So tonight we're attempting the first Thursday Unplugged. No projector, no tv-on-dvd, no internet, no computers. We're going to eat hamburgers (because I forgot to put dinner in the crockpot AGAIN) and play chess.
 
I anticipate failure. Can we really go a full evening with no backlit screens to keep us company? What on God's green earth are we going to talk about?
 
And for the record, reenacting our favourite episodes doesn't count as watching them. FYI.
 
 

0 comments: