Monday, September 13, 2010

Counting down

Monday, September 13, 2010
I love Fall. It's no secret that September through December are my favourite months - minus November, whose whole purpose is to wear black clothing and slouchy hats, drink cheap Cab Sav, hang around in coffee shops and mope about in an increasingly annoying arty fashion. But to tell you the truth, I kind of love that, too.
 
Fall is great. The colours suit my skin tone better, the clothing is generally less skanky, and I like being cozy. I adore fall food - roasts, casseroles, apple pies and crisps. I like the temperature change, the darker evenings and football games.
 
But most of all, I love how there is an almost endless parade of things to look forward to.
 
I don't do well when I have nothing to look forward to. And by nothing, I mean, no event or occurance in the four week future. After summer vacation is always really tough for me - I've taken holidays in mid June a few times and always come back feeling a bit depressed. July and August are a rare treat, yes, but with little to look forward to, I easily slide into mild depression.
 
That's why the fall months are so great. September is always really busy - we celebrate an anniversary of sorts, there's often a lot of parties, Arts Days, and new fall clothes! October has Thanksgiving and Halloween...November, see above. December is holiday parties, seasonal events, and Christmas and New Years.
 
This year, I've also got a four-day Megan Fest when Gary goes to a convention in Atlanta. I've got a mini-break planned for Thanksgiving weekend,a weekend escape to Banff in the works, and the makings of a fabulous last-minute vacay in November. And then...
 
HARRY POTTER AND THE HALF BLOOD PRINCE PART ONE.
 
So much to look forward to! I can't wait!

0 comments: