Wednesday, September 01, 2010

here's to the girls

Wednesday, September 01, 2010
Someone in my office threw me the Vulcan Salute this afternoon as we passed in the hall.
 
My immediate instinct was to reciprocate. But my hands were full.
 
Then I got to thinking about it. This is someone who works many floors above me who I interact with perhaps twice every three months. This person is - well, pleasant isn't the word, because that brings forth general impressions of optimism and happiness. No, he's not so much pleasant as friendly. But in a dark way. Dark friendly. I can totally get behind having casual, 8-times-a-year dark friendly encounters with this colleague.
 
But if I tossed him a Vulcan Salute, dude. We'd be workplace BFFs, by default. We'd have to start lunching together. Or whatever the self-perpetuated-outcast-by-society trekkie emo equivalent of lunching is. I'm not sure I'm up for that kind of commitment. I like where we're going with our dark friendly working relationship.
 
Back at my desk, I realize I'm overly concerned about this. Maybe I really do need a new workplace BFF who understands the call of scifi.
 
Or, perhaps I just need to stop wearing low-cut tops to the office.
 
 

1 comments:

Wayne C. said...

Unless it's a low cut Star Trek uniform because dark friendly aside, that would be pretty awesome!