Monday, October 11, 2010

thankful

Monday, October 11, 2010
I'm thankful for so much.

For this guy. Who looks at me like this, makes me feel like this every day, not just when I'm wearing a $300 dress and more rouge than befits a lady.



For parents who encourage me to learn, to grow, to seek new challenges and new opportunities, but provide incredible support, comfort and security when those opportunities are just too challenging. And who have a hell of a lot of fun.

For a brother who reminds me that we all grow up in different ways, who continually teaches me to develop my side of an argument carefully and with purpose and yet, to keep an open mind, and who reminds me to take a deep breath and chill out sometimes.

For the family I was born into, nutty and wacky and smart and genuine. For the family who has welcomed me in, generous, supportive and non-judgmental. For the friends who became the family that I chose, hilarious, brilliant and wickedly fun.

For the ability to express myself freely and strongly, for the ability to hold my tongue, and the sense to know which one to choose.

0 comments: