Monday, December 27, 2010

every single thing

Monday, December 27, 2010
Either my parents are really, super ecstatic that they've finally managed to convince someone to marry me, or they just are wicked awesome, or both. I somehow managed to receive every single item on my Christmas wishlist.

Except for the diamond stud earrings, but to be honest, I didn't actually write that down anywhere, I just sort of aimlessly hinted by quoting the Spence Diamond commercials for a few weeks hoping it would get my message across.

But if I got everything else on my list, you know what that means.

That's right. In addition to black socks, green placemats, a trivet, a wristwatch and that Mad Men book, a few mean rounds of trivial pursuit, Magi's Turban cookies and an hour-long singalong...

On Christmas morning, my Dad nearly killed me by hoisting a 25 pound KitchenAid mixer on my lap.

I'm so incredibly spoiled.

3 comments:

Erin B said...

The earrings are what your groom will present you with on the morning of your wedding. He reads these comments right?

Robert said...

OMG we both got KitchenAids for Christmas! Deb would be proud.

Wayne C. said...

It sounds like you had a good Christmas and congratulations on your engagement! :)