Tuesday, May 31, 2011

We don't live here anymore

Tuesday, May 31, 2011


This was our view. My view for 2 and a half years, Gary's for 9. We could look out the 23rd story window and see the mountains, the river, the city.



I could not be happier. We did our final move-out walk-thru this morning. We handed over the keys, the scan card, signed the papers. It's done. We don't live there anymore.

No more ridiculously hot, sleepless nights. No more 3am train horns. No more shouting across the street, no more pidgeons on the balcony, no more weirdos in the elevator.

It was a nice enough place. But by the end of this month, it felt like a real dump. I hated driving past it. I hated having to go back there to finish up cleaning or moving. I wanted to be done with it.

And now we are.

Adios, renting. Can't say you'll be missed.

0 comments: