Friday, August 24, 2012

The more, the same

Friday, August 24, 2012
If you had sat me down and told me ten years ago, my boxes and bags packed and ready to move into my new dorm room in the big city, where I'd be in 2012...I'm not sure I'd believe you.

A university degree, a mortgage, 5 different sets of business cards, a new last name, 8 different postal codes and a new licence plate number to remember is a lot of change for one little country mouse to process.

But despite all that, I'm pleased to report that I still think that one of the best ways to spend a Friday night is on the couch with a bowl of popcorn, watching What Not to Wear.

We grow up, we move on, we stretch and we leap and we change - but sometimes, not as much as we think. And ten years on, I still can't find a pair of  Stacy and Clinton approved wide-legged trousers that fit, damn it.




0 comments: