Saturday, January 04, 2014

Thirty

Saturday, January 04, 2014
Holy crap, you guys. This year I turn 30. But that's not actually what the title of this post is referring to.

In about 10 weeks, Gary and I are going to be parents. I am very nearly 30 weeks pregnant, and as I type this, my in-utero future blog fodder is kicking away.

I registered us for our prenatal classes today, which apparently everyone else in the city does MONTHS IN ADVANCE because we scored nearly the last spot in the eight-thousand sections offered for those of us gestating flood babies due in March. It's January! The class starts in like, 6 weeks!

(Now you know why I ended up in the dreaded Monday morning at 8am Statistics class in University....)

But I have the upper hand on this whole planning-ahead-for-offspring thing. I've got a nice warm crib laundry basket lined up for you, Fetus Geyer, and even a box of diapers that my cousin gave us. We're ready.

On second thought, Fetus, maybe stay in there for another couple months. Your terribly disorganized mother has a few things to do before you make your entrance. Like actually read the how not to neglect the basic physical needs and emotionally stunt your baby forever book.

2014 is going to be a big year.